Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting there.....

I am getting there on getting sugar free.

I can successfully say that I have cut out all deserts and sugary snacks.  It hasn't been too hard besides when the boy is sitting in front of me eating a bowl of ice cream, that however is a whole other bag of worms.

I am now trying to get my house into a sugar free environment and it is scary what I am finding in my pantry!  The obvious are out the door: tomato sauce, bbq sauce (much to the boys sadness, though I think he is a hiding a stash somewhere), sweet chili sauce and well pretty much every sauce there is in there.  But looking at my pasta sauces and their sugar content was scary, as well as some of the canned soups I had in there.  Who knew!  I thought eating soup was a great, healthy option, boy was I wrong!  One vegie soup had 17grams of sugar per serving.  In the bin it went.

Now as I walk the super market isles I spend about 5 minutes on each product comparing labels and trying to find the lowest sugar content as possible.  My shopping trips lately have doubled in time, but I am hoping as I am learning I will start to remember which brands are the lowest in sugar and it will become quicker trips.  Probably should start a list....

I guess this is all part of the journey but this week it has been a real education.

No comments:

Post a Comment