Monday, October 25, 2010

Getting the boy on board

While I have been excitedly planning out my road to sugar detox I have forgotten one little detail... my fiancee.  With that realization this journey has gotten a whole lot harder. 

To say my husband to be is a sugar addict is an understatement.  The boy lives off Coca Cola and chocolate bars.  I would say he has at least 2 cans of coke a day, a bar of chocolate for a snack or two and lets not forget the ice cream with choc magic dripped on top to end the day.  Oh and of course his drink of choice is bourbon and coke. 

So as I have been reading David Gillespie books he has been keeping his distance and giving me worrying looks.  Now I had three options here I could sneakily reduce sugar from our diet and leave him in the dark, I could do it alone and let him make his own food all the time and keep the bad habits up, or I could think about what is best for our health (and our fiances) and let him know this is what I am doing and we should do it together.

I chose the third option which has not gone over well at all.  After a very long talk he has agreed to let me do my thing for food and drinks around the house slowly and maybe he would come around to change his out of house habits.  But already I have seen progress instead of the bottle of coke that comes home with him, today there was a bottle of coke zero! 

In terms of my own dietary changes I am doing okay.... I have started with Rule #1 from "Sweet Poison" don't drink sugar.  So instead of my normal mocha with skim milk everyday I have switched to a flat white with no sugar.  It has taken some getting use to but it has cut my main sugary drink out of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment